hi italo just a quick question can you eat resident brown trout the ones that are in the creeks for life i was just wondering thanks hunter

Posted on November 17th, 2013

Hi Hunter…..If you are an adult and you have an Ontario Sportfishing Licence, or you are younger than 19, or older than 65 and don’t need a licence, you are allowed to keep the designated number of trout for the region you are fishing to eat. Resident trout are normally smaller in size (pan-frying size), are are very tasty. Most people catch & release them since they are such a beautiful and excellent gamefish to catch. If you catch some I would encourage you to release them and instead keep larger panfish for eating. They are just as tasty and there are a lot more of them……God bless you, Italo

Like me   Follow Me  
Subscribe youtube   Newsletter Subscriber   InstagramFollow in instagram