Summer is the best time to take kids fishing and our friend Mark Wilson as been taking advantage of the great weather and taking his son Greyson out whenever he can.
Greyson loves catching Smallmouth Bass right off shore at their cottage on Balsam Lake, ON casting & retrieving Storm Shad soft-plastics.
In addition to fishing at the cottage Greyson also enjoys downrigger fishing for Salmon & Trout in Lake Ontario.
And sometimes he needs his Dad’s help to land them!
A few tips to keep in mind when you take young anglers out:
- Keep outing shorter then longer
- Make sure the kids are occupied either catching fish, or nibbling on snacks or playing games while waiting for a bite
- Sunscreen should be applied frequently
- Always have them wear a life jacket
- Make sure they are having fun